Spanish Studies Abroad Student Blogger

Spanish Studies Abroad Student Blogger
Student Blogger

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Mis restaurantes favoritos

On the very rare occasion that I'm not at home eating with my host family it is probably because I am at one of the following restaurants. I've had the opportunity to dine at many places while here in Alicante, but I can easily say that th flowering three places are my favorites.

First is my favorite place to get gelato, a store called Amorino. I can promise you that I have tried the lemon and pistachio gelato at more that 10 gelato places in the center of Alicante and this is the store I keep coming back to. Not only are the treats delectable but the location is also superb. The store is located right near the beginning of the Explanada and therefore pretty close to the beach and the port where I often go walking.  The picture below showcases some of their tasty flavors of which I definitely recommend their lemon gelato.



Second on my list is this fun and tasty Mexican restaurant called the Cactus Cantina. After watching the Spain vs. Englad soccer game that was held here in Alicante my friends and I were craving Mexican food and I remembered this place I walk past a couple of times per week that we could go to. The food ended up being delicious and it definitely hit the spot and the atmosphere was also very pleasant! I later found out from my host mom that this is considered the best place for Mexican even by the locals, soI definitely recommend it! http://www.cactusalicante.es



Last but definitely not least is this pizzeria called Sale & Pepe. I was recommended to try this restaurant after commenting to my program director how much I was craving pizza, and so one night my friends and I decided to go out here after catching a movie. It was a great choice! Not only was a their margarita pizza delicious so was their pasta and sangria. We ended up staying for a couple of hours  and chatting with some other customers and just having a great time!
http://www.pizzeriasalepepe.com


I definitely recommend trying out these places if you're craving non-Spanish food! There are slo so many more restaurants that I never got to try that I wish I could have. Walking along the Explanada or the Rambla you are bound to find many and newly polarized area to dine is the Calle San Francisco!

Dig in!,

No comments:

Post a Comment