Spanish Studies Abroad Student Blogger

Spanish Studies Abroad Student Blogger
Student Blogger

Friday, October 23, 2015

Teatro Principal and the Russian National Ballet

Last Thursday I had the opportunity to do something I had never done before: go to a ballet! I didn't just go to any ballet though, I went to see the Russian National Ballet! Like the world famous one. They performed for one night at the Teatro Principal, which is the main theater in Alicante.

The whole experience was amazing! The theater itself was beautiful, with its roman architecture on the outside and great interior design in the theater, and the performance even better!

The seats we had were in the third balcony and they cost 20 euros each. The tickets were more expensive the closer you got to the stage. y buying the cheaper tickets we didn't miss out on anything. We had a great view of the stage from where we were sitting and a great view of the theater in general.

The production itself was incredible. The first act was Romeo and Juliet, and it was very enjoyable. I would have to say that I enjoyed the second act more though. The second act was a mix of several different ballets that included Sleeping Beauty, The Nutcracker, and Swan Lake. Out of all of the dances I would have to say that Sleeping Beauty was my favorite. The costumes and the music were amazing and of course the dancing was breathtaking! I now have so much more respect for dancers.

I encourage you to check out the Teatro Principal and the other events they offer! The link below will take you to their website so you can browse around if you want!

http://www.teatroprincipaldealicante.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment